A whole house retrofit gets underway in North Oxford
A large period house in North Oxford is undergoing a complete retrofit and we will be visiting the property at key stages to document the progress.
About the home
New double glazed sash windows have been installed throughout the house and are now being protected whilst internal wall insulation is installed.
Wood fibre insulation panels need to be applied to a smooth, flat surface so the internal walls were prepared with a parge coat of lime plaster to make them level
The insulation panels, which are rigid, can then be fixed in place. The wood fibre will then be ready for its top layers of finishing plaster to create a very well insulated and cosy room.
Retrofit Coordinator, Mark Saunders, was present at the property and explained that the ceilings have been removed to install the underfloor heating ducting which sits in trays that are mounted between the joists of the floor above.
What measures are being installed?
The retrofit measures include:
- New double glazed sash windows
- Internal wall wood fibre insulation
- Air source heat pump
- Underfloor insulation and heating
- Re-roofing and loft insulation
- Centralized mechanical extract ventilation
We will be checking back in with the residents during their retrofit project to see how they get on, and what impact the retrofit has on their home and energy bills.
Be sure to have a look at our other case studies in the meantime.
- We recently completed an environmental retrofit for Lis and Sarah in a beautiful terrace home in East Oxford. Motivated by the need to reduce carbon emissions, they wanted to make their home environmentally friendly and were delighted to find their home much
- A large period house in North Oxford is undergoing a complete retrofit and we will be visiting the property at key stages to document the
- Peter and Maggie investigated getting a retrofit as they want to protect the
Get your free draft retrofit plan
Curious about what home retrofit could do for your home’s energy bills and carbon emissions? Get started by using our Plan Builder to create a draft home retrofit plan, and then submit your plan to our team to start the Cosy Homes process.