New data released on uptake of Green Homes Grant vouchers
17 March 2021
The government has released updated data on the release of Green Homes Grant vouchers, covering the period from start of the scheme (30 September 2020) to the end of February 2021.
The data shows that up to February 2021:
- 82,800 households had applied for a total of 123,500 vouchers. 59% of these applications come from Low Income households.
- Of these vouchers, only 28,300 had been issued by the government.
- Of the 28,300 issued, only 2,900 had been paid (after the work had been completed by the contractor and homeowner). This means actual payouts from the government on the Green Homes Grant have been £17.6 million.
- 84% of vouchers paid for have been used on insulation, most commonly loft insulation or cavity wall insulation.
- 1769 companies have applied for Trustmark certification to be able to deliver retrofit work through the scheme – of these 962 installers are considered to be ‘live’ on the scheme.