Skip to content

Retrofit for landlords

Energy efficiency standards for rental properties are rising, presenting an excellent opportunity for landlords to improve their properties.

Staying compliant with the latest energy efficiency standards not only helps you meet legal requirements, but also boosts your EPC rating, attracting eco-conscious as well as cost-conscious tenants, and potentially increase your property’s value.

Landlords are required by law to ensure that their properties meet the required EPC rating, and Cosy Homes Oxfordshire is here to help you implement the changes needed to comply with these regulations and upgrade your property.

  • Improved EPC rating: Properties with higher EPCs attract more tenants, have fewer vacant periods, and report significantly lower maintenance costs.
  • Comply with future standards: Stay ahead of future regulations that may restrict renting out properties that don’t meet the Minimum Energy Efficiency Standard (MEES)
  • Reduce tenant turnover and rent arrears: Retrofitting a property lowers energy bills and improves the comfort for tenants, this leads to less tenant turnover, rent arrears and vacant periods.
  • Protect against fuel poverty: Lower fuel bills for tenants help to protect against fuel poverty, and increasing their ability to maintain the property well.
  • Enhance property attractiveness and value: Retrofit goes hand-in-hand with refurbishment, and increases the attractiveness of your property to prospective tenants and boosting its capital value.

These benefits make retrofitting a smart investment for landlords, enhancing property value, tenant satisfaction, and ensuring compliance with regulations.

By partnering with Cosy Homes Oxfordshire, you can be sure your properties meet and exceed the Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES). This proactive approach will future-proof your investments, making your properties more attractive to prospective tenants.

Our service helps reduce tenant turnover, lower maintenance costs, and increase the overall value of your properties. A higher EPC rating means your property will stand out in the market, offering tenants lower energy bills and a more comfortable living environment.

Initial contact and Plan Builder

Start by submitting a plan for your property through our free Plan Builder tool. All you need to do is enter the postcode for your property. Using existing public data, the tool will provide information about your property type, current energy usage, and suggest potential measures for improvement. The Plan Builder tool serves as an initial introduction to the possibilities for your property.

If you have multiple properties, contact us directly, and we’ll discuss your specific needs.

Home assessment

We will then schedule an in-depth assessment of your property. Our experts will gather detailed data, which we will use to better understand the current state of your property and provide a far deeper, more accurate analysis of its potential.

Whole House Plan

Based on the assessment of your property, we will develop a comprehensive Whole House Plan. This plan outlines a long-term strategy to improve energy efficiency and raise your EPC rating, considering both immediate and future improvements.

Implementation and coordination:

If you decide to proceed with the recommended measures, we will gather quotes from our network of trusted suppliers. Our Retrofit Coordinator team will oversee the entire process, from installation to quality assurance, ensuring that the work is completed to the highest standards.

Post-completion support

After the work is completed, we will conduct a final review to ensure everything meets your satisfaction and complies with the necessary standards. We will also help you update your EPC rating to reflect the improvements made.

Opting for a Whole House Plan instead of individual measures provides a strategic and comprehensive approach to energy efficiency. This method allows us to address the root causes of issues like damp and mould, plan improvements in a logical sequence, and ensure that future retrofits are not compromised. By looking at the bigger picture, you can avoid expensive mistakes and make informed decisions that align with your budget and long-term goals.

Additionally, a Whole House Plan helps you find the most cost-effective way to meet current and future energy efficiency standards. It’s adaptable, allowing you to choose the level of investment that suits your financial situation while ensuring your property remains compliant and attractive to tenants.

A higher EPC rating not only makes your property more marketable but also significantly reduces energy bills, which is a major draw for prospective tenants.

The cost of a Whole House Plan is per property. However, if you manage multiple properties, especially those of similar age and specifications, we can offer a discount. This makes it more cost-effective to upgrade your entire portfolio. Contact us to discuss tailored pricing options for multiple properties.

Position yourself as a forward-thinking landlord committed to sustainability and tenant well-being. Get in touch to start your retrofit journey and ensure your properties achieve higher EPC ratings, or jump straight in with our free Plan Builder tool.

Are you a tenant?

If you’re a tenant in a private rental property in Oxfordshire and want to find out how to improve the energy efficiency of your home, you can find information in our blog post on the topic. The post includes a communications pack to help you start a dialogue with your landlord.

© Cosy Homes Oxfordshire 2024 All rights reserved
For a better viewing experience we recommend you upgrade your browser.