Make your home cosier and healthier whilst reducing energy bills and carbon emissions
Cosy Homes Oxfordshire is a one-stop-shop home retrofit service, enabling homeowners to improve the energy efficiency of their homes throughout Oxfordshire. We can also support homeowners to maximise the value of the Green Homes Grant. By working with us you will have the opportunity to:
- Have the stress removed from home retrofit as we support you and manage the process from start to finish
- Be introduced to trusted contractors who will undertake the work recommended
- Have the quality of the retrofit monitored through our quality assurance process
- Reduce the carbon emissions of your home
- Lower your energy bills
- Have a more comfortable home, warm in the winter and cool in the summer
- Have a healthier home, eliminating damp and improving ventilation
- Improve your home’s EPC rating, unlocking long-term value.
So how do we do this? Research has shown that there are two factors which make home retrofit as effective as possible, which are:
- A whole house approach, aiming to take a property to near net-zero energy demand in one step only, or in a phased approach where each phase of retrofit builds on the previous one;
- Having a single, trusted point of contact for homeowners or tenants, who stays with them throughout the retrofit process.
That’s why we’ve put these factors at the heart of our service at Cosy Homes Oxfordshire. First, one of our trained Retrofit Coordinators will assess your home to find out everything we need to know about your existing energy usage. They’ll then deliver your bespoke Whole House Plan, detailing all the measures you could take to make your home as energy efficient as possible, with recommendations on the most cost-effective and impactful measures to take forward. If you choose to go ahead with some or all of these measures, the same Coordinator will gather quotes from our trusted contractors, manage the delivery of the work, and approve the quality at the end.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the RetrofitWorks team have worked hard to develop a robust health and safety protocol for onsite work for Cosy Homes Oxfordshire Retrofit Coordinators and building contractors, which ensures that we are safely able to deliver home assessment and work in homes as usual as long as you are happy for us to do so. We have also developed a Remote Assessment option, which you can read about below.
Our home assessment and Whole House Plan service costs £175. This covers the cost of the time needed to assess your home, as well as the time spent by your Retrofit Coordinator on analysing the information gathered at your home assessment and creating your detailed, bespoke Whole House Plan.
The Whole House Plan will give you an idea of the costs of different retrofit measures should you choose to go ahead with the work recommended, but please be aware that the cost of a whole house retrofit can vary greatly based on the type of home that you live in and the measures which you decide to implement.
If you choose to go ahead with some or all of the measures outlined in your Whole House Plan through Cosy Homes Oxfordshire, there will be a 5% charge for the service. This covers the cost of a Retrofit Coordinator to look after your home and act as your single point of contact from start to finish –gathering quotes from contractors, managing work and installations, and checking the quality of delivery once completed. And the peace of mind you gain from that? It’s priceless.
Please note: there will likely be additional costs between the Whole House Plan and the project work beginning, depending on the size and type of your retrofit project and the measures included. This includes any Technical Specialist Reports and Building Performance Specifications required by your project – and will be detailed in a Client Service Agreement sent to you before the project goes ahead, which your Retrofit Coordinator will be able to discuss with you.