Make your home cosier and healthier whilst reducing energy bills and carbon emissions
Cosy Homes Oxfordshire is a one-stop-shop home retrofit service, enabling homeowners to improve the energy efficiency of their homes throughout Oxfordshire. By working with us you will have the opportunity to:
- Have the stress removed from home retrofit as we support you and manage the process from start to finish
- Be introduced to trusted contractors who will undertake the work recommended
- Have the quality of the retrofit monitored through our quality assurance process
- Reduce the carbon emissions of your home
- Lower your energy bills
- Have a more comfortable home, warm in the winter and cool in the summer
- Have a healthier home, eliminating damp and improving ventilation
- Improve your home’s EPC rating, unlocking long-term value.
So how do we do this? Research has shown that there are two factors which make home retrofit as effective as possible, which are:
- A whole house approach, aiming to take a property to near net-zero energy demand in one step only, or in a phased approach where each phase of retrofit builds on the previous one;
- Having a single, trusted point of contact for homeowners or tenants, who stays with them throughout the retrofit process.
That’s why we’ve put these factors at the heart of our service at Cosy Homes Oxfordshire. First, one of our trained Retrofit Coordinators will assess your home to find out everything we need to know about your existing energy usage. They’ll then deliver your bespoke Whole House Plan, detailing all the measures you could take to make your home as energy efficient as possible, with recommendations on the most cost-effective and impactful measures to take forward.
If you choose to go ahead with some or all of these measures, the same Coordinator will gather quotes from our trusted contractors, manage the delivery of the work, and approve the quality at the end. The RetrofitWorks team have developed a robust health and safety protocol for onsite work for Cosy Homes Oxfordshire contractors, which ensure that we are safely able to deliver work in homes as usual as long as you are happy for us to do so.
There are two routes which you can take to get started on your home retrofit journey: our Remote Assessment and Pre-Visit Whole House Plan (developed during COVID-19) and our On-site Assessment and Whole House Plan. We developed the remote service due to social distancing measures in place in the UK during COVID-19 – it’s also a great place to start if you’re keen to know more, but aren’t sure you’re ready to go ahead with a home retrofit.