The role of the Retrofit Coordinator
Interested in retrofitting your home and wondering what the role of a Retrofit Coordinator involves?
Spending days filled with home assessment visits, tailored consultations, energy audits, and site visits, Retrofit Coordinators take a hands-on approach to reducing your home energy use. Their expertise ensures that your existing home is healthy, energy-efficient and fit to tackle the climate emergency.
Our Retrofit Coordinators are handpicked, qualified home retrofit experts who are assigned to you once your home registration form is assessed by our team.
By your side throughout your home retrofit experience, Retrofit Coordinators make certain that any work identified by your Whole House Plan is done at the right time for you and your home. They also act as the bridge between you and the contractors and quality assurers for your peace of mind.
A Retrofit Coordinator – your home retrofit expert
1. Audit the energy performance of your home
Equipped with all the right tools, our Retrofit Coordinators will calculate any heat losses by drawing up a floor plan of your house using the data collected from your home assessment visit.
They also assess the performance of your home by looking at your running costs (fuel bills), energy use (kWh) and your environmental impact (kgCO2 emissions).
2. Produce your Whole House Plan report
A Whole House Plan is an energy and retrofit recommendations report tailored for your home. Following your home energy audit, our Retrofit Coordinators will compile their recommendations in a comprehensive report. The report outlines measures in phases that you can take that can help you improve the EPC rating of your home, reduce fuel bills and your home’s carbon emissions too.
3. Talk you through your home retrofit improvement options
Using their technical knowledge, our Retrofit Coordinators will talk you through the energy-efficient improvements identified in your Whole House Plan report. They can discuss your options with you, source quotes from contractors and oversees any work carried out and help you make informed decisions, best suited to your home’s and family’s needs.
Behind the scenes of a Home Assessment
Home retrofit assessments are an essential part of our Whole House Plan service. They form the first step in identifying key changes to make your home happy, healthy and homely.
Hear from Geordie and Natasha; two of our qualified Retrofit Coordinators, who further explain both our home retrofit process and Whole House Plan assessment service in the above short video from Hook Norton, Oxfordshire.
Ready to retrofit your home?
Why not take that first step towards your own home retrofit journey and register your home?
Upgrade your home with our Whole House Plan service that includes a home assessment, a report and a follow-up call to discuss findings and the range of improvement options presented in the report.
Working to help you live in a healthier and more energy-efficient home, our home retrofit service is supported by local and national partners: Low Carbon Hub, the National Energy Foundation and Retrofit Works.
If you’re a building professional interested in becoming a Retrofit Coordinator yourself, find out more about the process here.
- You might have seen our scheme featured alongside some of our clients in ‘The Ultimate Guide To Insulation’ in The Sunday Times on the 15th of January, and also available online. Thank you to everyone who participated in the piece, including our
- Once you’ve registered your home with Cosy Homes Oxfordshire and begin your home retrofit journey, the first step is a home assessment. But what can you expect to happen during this home assessment? That’s what we’ll be exploring in this blog. The first
- Over the past year we’ve been building up our pool of trusted, local building contractors to work on home retrofit projects through Cosy Homes Oxfordshire. This has been successful and we’ve brought lots of contractors
- Cosy Homes Oxfordshire is a one-stop home retrofit service connecting homeowners with skilled building professionals to deliver high-quality retrofit work, under one seamless programme. We work with building professionals, contracted as Retrofit