- “Cosy Homes Oxfordshire allowed me to receive a £5,000 VAT refund from my home retrofit work that I hadn’t expected to ever see again – thank you so much!” said Trish Lunel, one of our early clients. Rules on value-added tax (VAT) – the
- Our homes have a huge role to play in the climate emergency. To address the climate crisis and meet our carbon reduction targets in the UK, we need to retrofit millions of homes, reducing the amount of wasted energy which is causing excess carbon emissions.
- When we talk about home retrofit and our Cosy Homes Oxfordshire service, we often use the term ‘energy efficiency’. But what is energy efficiency, why is it important, and how does it relate to our homes? That’s what we’ll cover in this post. Defining
- When it comes to home retrofit there is no ‘one-size fits all’ solution, as the age, style, past improvements and upkeep of a house all come into play. In this series of blogs we talk to owners of different types of home and explore some of the
How home retrofit can transform a cold, draughty house into a cosy and energy efficient home [animation]Home retrofit and energy efficiency improvements can transform your cold, draughty house into an energy efficient, Cosy Home - here's
- So you care about the climate emergency and want to do your bit to lower your environmental impact at home. You may have heard about home retrofits and have no idea where to begin? Fear not. In this blog, we explore the key things you should consider before
- A cutback on the use of non-renewable fossil fuels is an important step in tackling the climate emergency, and one actionable way to do this is through the use of renewable energy. Smart solar homes increase UK renewable energy use and can reduce the amount
- The UK has some of the oldest domestic building stock in Europe, with nearly 38% of homes dating from before 1946 according to this report by researchers at the BRE. In 2019, alongside a pledge to become net-zero by 2050, the UK government announced a £10
- Nights are getting longer; the air is getting crisper as temperatures continue to drop. These sure signs can only mean one thing – ‘Tis the season to be cosy! As we draw closer and closer to Christmas and to the height of winter, more and more
- In the wake of the global climate emergency strikes, most of us are (or should be!) taking stock of our own personal impact on our environment.
© Cosy Homes Oxfordshire 2021 All rights reserved