As we’ve developed the Cosy Homes Oxfordshire service, we’ve also developed several resources on home retrofit and energy efficiency.
We’ve brought all our retrofit resources together into a library to make them easily accessible, including:
- How home retrofit can transform a cold, draughty house into a cosy and energy efficient home.
- Behind the scenes during home energy assessments in Hook Norton, Oxfordshire.
- The importance of home retrofit in the context of the climate emergency – interviews with Oxfordshire’s community
- How to heat your home without relying on oil or gas – greener ways to heat the home
Retrofit case studies
- Eco-Retrofit at an East Oxford terrace
- “We’re Wrapping Our Whole House in Insulation” – Eleanor and Chris Retrofit in East Oxford
- Eco-retrofit at a large Victorian Semi-detached
- Peter and Maggie make their home as energy efficient as possible
- Retrofitting to get a Hook Norton cottage off fossil fuels for good [PDF]
- Retrofitting an end-of-terrace family home in east Oxford [PDF]
- Tackling extreme mould in a semi-detached house in Headington with Charlie Luxton
- Retrofitting a barn in Hook Norton to add additional space to the home with Charlie Luxton
- Making a cold, dark terraced house in Oxford feel cosy and warm with Charlie Luxton
The Cosy Homes Interactive House
Our interactive ‘Cosy House’ demonstrates common areas where energy is lost in our homes and the energy efficiency measures which can be put in place to help homeowners stop wasting energy and reduce their environmental impact. It can be found on our ‘For Homeowners’ page.
The Cosy Homes Plan Builder
Curious about what a retrofit might look like for your home? We’ve developed the Cosy Homes Oxfordshire Plan Builder to help you get an idea of the retrofit opportunity for your home and build a plan of action – at no cost to you. Plan Builder is only available if you have an Oxfordshire postcode.
Pilot phase learnings and impact report
During the pilot phase, we launched our full retrofit service, making numerous learnings along the way about delivering home retrofit – from the marketing to engaging with contractors to delivering work onsite. To mark the end of our pilot phase, we shared these learnings and the impact Cosy Homes Oxfordshire had during this first phase.
Home retrofit webinars
- Beginners guide to home retrofit with Douglas Drewniak
- An introduction to Cosy Homes Oxfordshire with Geordie Stewart
- A guide to using air source or ground source heat pumps to heat your home, with Retrofit Coordinator Natasha Ginks
- A guide to insulating your home – loft, roof, floor, and wall insulation, with Retrofit Coordinator Paola Sassi
Communications pack for rental tenants
A pack to help tenants engage with landlords to improve the energy efficiency of their homes.
- An email template to send to your landlord and/or letting agent
- A digital postcard containing information about how Cosy Homes Oxfordshire can support landlords with energy efficiency work
- Image cards which you can use on social media – tag your landlord/letting agent (and us @cosyhomesoxon)
Retrofit news and blogs
Plus, there’s the Cosy Homes Oxfordshire blog, where we publish the latest news and updates from the world or home retrofit as well as blogs containing insights on home energy efficiency from our team.